Saturday, June 2, 2012

Celebrate Graduation


Holy mackerel, I can't believe it's been two weeks since I've posted.  How time flies.  We have two graduation parties to attend this weekend, so I worked on a card for the first one that's this afternoon.   I've been wanting to join in with the Dynamic Duos, this week the colors are Real Red and Island Indigo.   I did have to adapt them using Close to My Heart Colors, so I used Cranberry and Pacifica, they were as close as I could get.  I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch for the blue print:



I opted to go square with it.  This week the challenge at the 2 Sisters Challenge Blog is "Inside & Out", so I did something that I'm starting to do more of with my cards, decorating the inside.  Here's what this one looks like:


I'm also going to add this to this weeks 52 Card Pickup at the Old Back Porch.

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  Kraft, White Daisy, Pacifica - Close to My Heart (CTMH)
Ink:  Cranberry, Pacifica - CTMH
Paper:  Fanfare - CTMH
Stampset:  D1400 (Promo with no name) - CTMH
Burlap Mini Shape Flag - Canvas Home Basics
Round Durables - CTMH
Circles and Petite Scalloped Circles - Spellbinders


6 comments:

  1. Fantastic grad card - I love the burlap with the colors! So glad to see you at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great design! Love that burlap piece and the fun DP! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the addition of the burlap (hessian in Aussie lingo). Thanks for playing at Dynamic Duos this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job.that burlap was a gret touch. Thanks for joining us at 2 Sisters Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with the colours, love that burlap! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stacy! Such a fun card you have created...love the awesome texture from the burlap! I love a decorated "inside" of a card, as well...I think it is a great way to keep the fun going from the front of the card. So glad you joined us this week at Dyanamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete