Friday, July 13, 2012

Shabby Elegance


I created this card based of the gorgeous inspiration photo from this weeks The Shabby Tea Room challenge - "Elegance & Lace".  I wish my bedroom looked like this...(sigh)...anyhow, back to my card.  For this challenge we needed to create a card or project inspired by the photo using white/cream, kraft, pink and lace.


I decided to emboss the kraft cardstock, then I ran my white stamp pad over it to highlight the design.  I sponged the edges of it with chocolate ink to further distress it.  I stamped the sentiment in blush to tie in with the pleated ribbon, each layer of the sentiment panel is popped up with foam tape to give it some dimension.  I love the chandelier in the picture, so I added some bitty sparkles to give a nod to it.  After I completed my card, I decided that I wasn't done and added three flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts, that completed the card for me. 

I'm also entering this in the Wild Orchid Crafts challenge 54 - "Shabby Chic". 

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  Kraft, Colonial White, White Daisy - Close to My Heart (CTMH)
Ink:  Chocolate, Blush, White Daisy - CTMH
Stampset:  Beautiful You - Verve
Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Blushing Bride pleated ribbon - Stampin' Up!
Lace Tape - decollections
Flowers - Wild Orchid Crafts
Bitty Sparkles - CTMH
Fleur de Lis Squares - Spellbinders

1 comment: