Monday, July 16, 2012

The Shabby Tea Room #123

I'm super excited, and so honored to be this weeks guest designer at The Shabby Tea Room!  This week the theme is "Sew Crafty" and we needed to create a card or project  that includes buttons, ribbon/twine, and stitching (machine or faux), also we needed to be inspired by the colors of this drool worthy craft room in this photo:


I opted to make a criss cross card.  As you can see, the colors inspired me:


I was searching for the perfect paper for the base of this card, and after hunting high and low, I finally found this beautiful blue and white paper at Crafts Direct in St. Cloud.  I had the orange paper in my stash, and decided that I wanted to play off of the pink and orange in the photo.  I also love that color green, so I just had to have some in my card.  I used some pretty pink lace and topped it off with some divine twine.  For the pull out, I thought it would be cute to machine stitch the tab to the card.  I found the button in my stash.  The big medallion has been floating around in my "Found Objects" box, I have no idea where it came from or how it got there, but I did know that I had to use it on here.  Here's a peek at the pull out:



Supplies Used:

Paper: Fresh Collection - Authentique; Delightful Collection - Little Yellow Bicycle
Cardstock:  Pear, White Daisy - Close to My Heart (CTMH)
Ink:  Heavenly Blue, Grey Wool - CTMH
Stampsets:  Find Your Style - CTMH, Savvy Sayings - The Angel Company
Orange Divine Twine
Bubblegum Lace - American Crafts
Double Loops Punch - Martha Stewart
Label Punch - Stampin' Up!
Corner Rounder, 2" Scallop Circle Punch - CTMH



1 comment:

  1. nice post thanks for sharing..i saw your blog thrue other follower looking for to visit more..blessings

    ReplyDelete